Super Teacher's Job is Never Done!

Super Teacher's Job is Never Done!
Photo courtesy of DiscoveryEducation.com

Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions. ~ Author Unknown

My goal is to reveal one teacher's humble journey of self-reflection, critical analysis, and endless questioning about my craft of teaching and learning alongside my middle school students.

"The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called 'truth'." ~ Dan Rather



Thursday, January 26, 2012

We must EARN students' respect!


Warning: If you are a new teacher, please do not sabotage your career by making the biggest mistake most teachers make when they first start teaching. What mistake is that you ask? It's being a hypocrite. Ouch! I know that's harsh, but allow me to explain. 

One of the most common questions I get asked during my teacher training workshops is, "What can we do to get our students to be more respectful?"  In other words, many educators complain that many students talk back, misbehave, and "act out" with little regard for the teacher and/or his or her classmates.
         
My first response to this question is, "What have you done to earn their respect"?

No comments:

Post a Comment