Super Teacher's Job is Never Done!

Super Teacher's Job is Never Done!
Photo courtesy of DiscoveryEducation.com

Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions. ~ Author Unknown

My goal is to reveal one teacher's humble journey of self-reflection, critical analysis, and endless questioning about my craft of teaching and learning alongside my middle school students.

"The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called 'truth'." ~ Dan Rather



Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Best Office Referrals of 2011

As a teacher and team leader, I often get to see what students from our eighth grade are referred to to the office. Thankfully, I do not have to submit many of these referrals from my own classroom. However, with some of my emotionally disturbed students, there is no telling what they may do or say next.


That in mind, I give you my "best of referral" list for 2011. I leave out names (obviously) and post these with a sense of humor. I apologize if any of it offends you! It is all meant in good fun in the spirit of laughter and entertainment.


Let the countdown begin:

3. The class was working on their research project on computers in the library. Jose was playing with his computer so a beeping noise would not stop. Several attempts were made by two teachers to stop the noise. Then he fell on the floor and tipped his chair over, causing additional classroom disruption. He would not move after prompts from multiple teachers.

2. Chris came into the class and immediately hit in the closet. He would not come out. Another teacher came in as he continued to shout comments, such as "Saggy **** in my eyeballs" and "My [man parts] are drooping." He refused to complete make-up work with a teacher and came back into the room, shouting more inappropriate comments of a sexual nature. He continued to refuse to do any work and make such comments with manic type behaviors exhibited.

And the number 1 referral goes to....

1. Phillip ignored teacher directions to get out of the closet and trash can. He stood in three-foot high recycling container and fell over on the floor, almost hitting his head on the bookshelf.
(He was OK; don't worry).

Happy 2012 all!

No comments:

Post a Comment