Super Teacher's Job is Never Done!

Super Teacher's Job is Never Done!
Photo courtesy of DiscoveryEducation.com

Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions. ~ Author Unknown

My goal is to reveal one teacher's humble journey of self-reflection, critical analysis, and endless questioning about my craft of teaching and learning alongside my middle school students.

"The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called 'truth'." ~ Dan Rather



Thursday, March 14, 2013

Spring updates from Laura Robb!

I always love following her and her blog....

 
Hi Everyone,
      I will be posting new images before long but this Spring newsletter is strictly an EVENTS and WORKSHOP update. As for EVENTS,  I'd like to remind you that there will be 3 new paintings of mine on display at Legacy Gallery in Scottsdale this month. They will be a part of their 25th Anniversary Show and the opening for it is March 8. Moving ahead to mid-April, the May/ June issue of Art of the West Magazine will be coming out and contains a feature article and interview on me and my work.
    WORKSHOPS -- There is a class coming up in Santa Fe at Valdes March 25-28 and a few openings are still available. This year we changed it from 3 days to 4 days long but the price did not move up that much comparitively so it is a good deal as far as that goes. Valdes is a favorite place for me to teach as there is room for each student to have their own still life. Being within walking distance of Trader Joe's and Whole Foods doesn't hurt either.
    New information on 2 workshops coming up this fall has been posted. September 25-28 are the dates for me to be teaching in Wisconsin and open registration for this class begins Wednesday March 13. This will be a new adventure for me and from what I hear, Door County is beautiful at that time of year. October 14-17  I will again be holding a workshop at the Blumenshein Studio here in Taos. Prices and contact info for all of these can be found at the WORKSHOP link on my home page.
   Beyond that, I hope all of you are enjoying some warm Spring-like weather as we are here in Taos. Thanks to all of the new subscribers and for any of you in areas that observe Daylight Savings Time, remember to turn your clocks ahead this weekend. Best wishes --Laura
 

No comments:

Post a Comment