Super Teacher's Job is Never Done!

Super Teacher's Job is Never Done!
Photo courtesy of DiscoveryEducation.com

Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions. ~ Author Unknown

My goal is to reveal one teacher's humble journey of self-reflection, critical analysis, and endless questioning about my craft of teaching and learning alongside my middle school students.

"The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called 'truth'." ~ Dan Rather



Friday, December 2, 2011

What are kids' REAL first questions??

This is something neat to think about that comes from a former classmate:


I thought that this was so intriguing .... I told my husband about it. He teaches eighth grade math, and he asked his students the to do the same thing. The vast variety of thoughts and questions were amazing! Then I began to wonder, "When do people begin to ask their first questions?"

I'm currently teaching preschool - Two's to be exact. They are just starting to articulate "Why?" or "What is that?". When I pointed that out to a colleague today, she replied that she feels babies ask questions by non-verbally pointing at something until you answer, and that those are really the first questions. Some fun food for thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment