Super Teacher's Job is Never Done!

Super Teacher's Job is Never Done!
Photo courtesy of DiscoveryEducation.com

Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions. ~ Author Unknown

My goal is to reveal one teacher's humble journey of self-reflection, critical analysis, and endless questioning about my craft of teaching and learning alongside my middle school students.

"The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called 'truth'." ~ Dan Rather



Tuesday, August 30, 2011

How to Treat a Middle School Child

This poem, whose author is anonymous, really speaks to me as the new school year begins with my eighth graders:

How to Treat a Middle School Child

Love me when it's hardest to do,
Love me when I don't like you.

Give me, but with restraint,
Never let me say, "I can't".

Support me no matter what,
But recognize when it's my fault.

Accept me whenever I dare,
Always show me that you care.

Guide me without a fight,
Hug me every time I'm right.

Warm me when you think I'm wrong,
Help me always be strong.

Understand when I'm difficult,
Or hostile, angry, rude & abrupt.

If you can do this when I'm thirteen,
You'll be proud of me when I'm eighteen.

It's hard to be the kid in between,
If you'll remember, you'll know what I mean.

So help me through this trying time,
And one day soon, I promise, 
I'll shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment