Super Teacher's Job is Never Done!

Super Teacher's Job is Never Done!
Photo courtesy of DiscoveryEducation.com

Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions. ~ Author Unknown

My goal is to reveal one teacher's humble journey of self-reflection, critical analysis, and endless questioning about my craft of teaching and learning alongside my middle school students.

"The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called 'truth'." ~ Dan Rather



Saturday, April 2, 2011

Taking the Time to Pay a Compliment

Here is a fun email from a close friend who was recently seeking honest input from her closest friends. This is an exercise we all -- educators or not -- may benefit from!
---------------------------
Molly's email:

Okay, I'm taking a deep breath and stepping outside of my comfort zone to ask you for help!
First, I am so excited to share that I am going to a conference next week, hosted by T. Harv Eker and Alex Mandossian, on claiming your expertise and website monetization.
However, we've had three pre-trainings, the conference starts in 4 days, and I'm still stuck on step 2!! OPPS!
Step two asks me to interview my friends, colleagues and family members on what you all feel I am REALLY good at?
Obviously, I've been tempted to play small and NOT ask...hence the procrastination.  Asking you to tell me what I'm good at, feels way more vulnerable than I ever anticipated.
But, deep breath (and, lets be real.. sweaty pits) I'm asking. :-D
If you could email me a word or phrase about my personality or actions that you think I'm REALLY good at, I would greatly appreciate it!
**Doesn't have to be a long list or more than one thing!!! Just whatever you think of, off the top of your head.
AND, please don't feel like you have to respond. I realize we are alllllll super busy, and that we all have the best intentions to respond to email, but that sometimes it just doesn't happen...so, seriously, if you don't respond I truly won't hold it against you. My ego is strong enough to take a little email rejection! hehe..just kidding.
I hope you all are having a wonderful spring!! I am thinking of you and sending my love!
PS.  If anyone would like me to reciprocate and send you all the things I think that are amazing about you, PLEASE ASK! I'd LOVE to do it!! :)
--------

My list to my fantastic friend:

My brief but awesome list:

Creative, vivacious, energetic, intelligent, brave, kind, leader, determined, committed, loving, passionate!

YAY!

--------------

Her fun response:

Kay!!! 


Thank You!! You are the best! 

So, I can't help myself, I must send a brief but awesome Kay List: :)

courageous, inspired, compassionate, outgoing, loving, zealous, organized, leader, and you have incredible perserverance 

One of the things I most admire about you is how well you connect with everyone. You make everyone feel at ease and help to raise their energy level! You are amazing! 

Thanks again, 
Love you!

----

Do yourself a favor, and compliment someone you love today. It will take two seconds of your time and probably make their day in the process. Pay it forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment