Super Teacher's Job is Never Done!

Super Teacher's Job is Never Done!
Photo courtesy of DiscoveryEducation.com

Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions. ~ Author Unknown

My goal is to reveal one teacher's humble journey of self-reflection, critical analysis, and endless questioning about my craft of teaching and learning alongside my middle school students.

"The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called 'truth'." ~ Dan Rather



Thursday, March 17, 2011

Connecting the Tragedy in Japan to Our Classrooms

I know that all of my colleagues are very busy with the end of the marking period coming up, but if your curriculum/calendar allows and your students are curious, here are some resources put out by the Maryland State Department of Education about earthquakes/tsunamis. I hope you find them meaningful.
-----------------------------
Whenever a disaster strikes anywhere, children in America respond with care and concern. I’m sure many students would be interested in engaging in service-learning activities related to the recent earthquake and tsunami in Japan.  

Below are some links to lessons, project ideas, or activities that students might explore related to this catastrophic event.  

I’ve only provided a few links, but students are creative, and I would encourage them to tap into that creativity to develop meaningful ways to be of service to those in need in Japan.

http://learningtogive.org/lessons/disaster_relief/   -  There are some interesting lesson plan samples here.

No comments:

Post a Comment