Super Teacher's Job is Never Done!

Super Teacher's Job is Never Done!
Photo courtesy of DiscoveryEducation.com

Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions. ~ Author Unknown

My goal is to reveal one teacher's humble journey of self-reflection, critical analysis, and endless questioning about my craft of teaching and learning alongside my middle school students.

"The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called 'truth'." ~ Dan Rather



Friday, September 20, 2013

Great new titles to check out!

Add these to your reading list for sure!

1. Assessment and Student Success in a Differentiated Classroom
By Carol Ann Tomlinson and Tonya R. Moon

2. Essential Questions: Opening Doors for Student Understanding
By Jay McTighe and Grant Wiggins

3. Principal Evaluation: Standards, Rubrics, and Tools for Effective Performance
By James H. Stronge with Xianxuan Xu, Lauri M. Leeper, and Virginia C. Tonneson

4. The 5-Minute Teacher: How Do I Maximize Time for Learning in My Classroom?
By Mark Barnes

6. Grading and Group Work: How Do I Assess Individual Learning When Students Work Together?
By Susan M. Brookhart

7. Teaching with Tablets: How Do I Integrate Tablets with Effective Instruction?
By Nancy Frey, Doug Fisher, and Alex Gonzalez

8. Fostering Grit: How Do I Prepare My Students for the Real World?
By Thomas R. Hoerr

9. The 12 Touchstones of Good Teaching: A Checklist for Staying Focused Every Day
By Bryan Goodwin and Elizabeth Ross Hubbell

10. Better Learning Through Structured Teaching: A Framework for the Gradual Release of Responsibility
By Douglas Fisher and Nancy Frey

Happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment