6 Steps to Successful Co-Teaching
Helping Special and Regular Education Teachers Work Together
1. Establish rapport.
2. Identify your teaching styles and use them to create a cohesive classroom.
3. Discuss strengths and weaknesses.
4. Discuss Individualized Education Plans and regular education goals.
5. Formulate a plan of action and act as a unified team.
- Expected classroom behaviors
- Classroom procedures, such as class work and homework policies, turning in work
- Consequences of not following rules and procedures
- Communication between home and school