Teaching Financial Literacy Pages 3-5
Support Struggling Students with Academic Rigor
A Conversation with Author and Educator Robyn Jackson
What Is Academic Rigor?
Use Graphic Organizers
Look for Clues
A destructive struggle
- Leads to frustration.
- Makes learning goals feel hazy and out of reach.
- Feels fruitless.
- Leaves students feeling abandoned and on their own.
- Creates a sense of inadequacy.
A productive struggle
- Leads to understanding.
- Makes learning goals feel attainable and effort seem worthwhile.
- Yields results.
- Leads students to feelings of empowerment and efficacy.
- Creates a sense of hope.