Super Teacher's Job is Never Done!

Super Teacher's Job is Never Done!
Photo courtesy of DiscoveryEducation.com

Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions. ~ Author Unknown

My goal is to reveal one teacher's humble journey of self-reflection, critical analysis, and endless questioning about my craft of teaching and learning alongside my middle school students.

"The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called 'truth'." ~ Dan Rather



Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Listen to these kids talk about their learning!

From a former colleague of mine:

To brighten your outlook on the first days of school, here's a sneak peek at the first in WKCD's Just Listen series of very short video clips I've been producing, in which kids talk straight into the camera about their learning.

Individually or in playlists, I'm hoping you'll help me insert these bits of kids' reality into the national dialogue. This is one is "Becoming Adult" but there's also "Why Do Kids Care?" and other groupings coming up on rigor, relevance, and relationships, and many other themes.

Enjoy, and do please pass them along to others who should see them!

All my best wishes for the coming school year,

Kathleen Cushman

WKCD's intro to Just Listen: whatkidscando.org

P.S. If you are interested in trying this with students you work with, I'd be happy to share the questions I asked, or help in any other way! I'm planning to keep doing this with different groups of students this year.

Just Listen playlist: Becoming Adult

Just Listen playlist: Why Do Kids Care?


Author, Fires in the Mind: What Kids Can Tell Us About Motivation and Mastery (Jossey-Bass, 2010)


blog: firesinthemind.org • YouTube: Fires in the Mind

No comments:

Post a Comment