Super Teacher's Job is Never Done!

Super Teacher's Job is Never Done!
Photo courtesy of DiscoveryEducation.com

Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions. ~ Author Unknown

My goal is to reveal one teacher's humble journey of self-reflection, critical analysis, and endless questioning about my craft of teaching and learning alongside my middle school students.

"The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called 'truth'." ~ Dan Rather



Friday, December 10, 2010

We are treated like TRUE professionals.....

In addition to the hilarious short video I posted this week, I thought you might enjoy heading a note from one of my colleagues complaining of the constant temperature severities in our building. It is truly amazing what conditions teachers have to deal with on a daily basis:


Good morning,

I had a several thoughts as I read that an elementary school had been closed due to lack of heat. First, what is lack of heat? 56 as it is in my room right now? Maybe 50 as it was most of the morning in another room in the sixth grade hall? Or maybe the day my room was in the high 40’s? Then my thoughts went on to turning the heat on higher so that heat from other parts of the building would reach the above-construction rooms. Then I remembered those days when others in the building were in the high 90’s. That made me think of those September days when elementary schools without AC were closed because of the heat.

My last thought – wouldn’t it be interesting if they had to close our school due to lack of heat and too much heat?  We might even make the newspaper for that one. Then perhaps someone would feel more of a sense of urgency to take care of us cold/hot folks – and the kids who move from overheated rooms to under heated rooms.

I know there is no place in a middle school for sarcasm, but this situation is demoralizing.  Would our superintendent tolerate this in his building? 

Just a thought.

Have a warm, but not too warm day.

No comments:

Post a Comment