Super Teacher's Job is Never Done!

Super Teacher's Job is Never Done!
Photo courtesy of DiscoveryEducation.com

Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions. ~ Author Unknown

My goal is to reveal one teacher's humble journey of self-reflection, critical analysis, and endless questioning about my craft of teaching and learning alongside my middle school students.

"The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called 'truth'." ~ Dan Rather



Monday, April 12, 2010

Sometimes, only a few words are needed to make your day....

Today, at the end of one of my classes, a male student I've been working with a lot this year said to me:

"Hey Mrs. L. Thank you for teaching me this year. Seriously. I'm really gonna miss you next year."

Coming from this particular student, that was a compliment in a million. Thanks to him, I succeeded in avoiding a case of the Mondays and left my classroom with a refined sense of purpose and excitement for my profession.

Sometimes, all it really takes is a few simple, meaningful words to make your day as a teacher....

No comments:

Post a Comment